Our company is seeking an Office Assistant to manage the office and handle duties for multiple programs and support staff. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. This job may include some overtime as well as occasional weekend work. We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed.
· Answer office phone calls.
· Design and maintain filing and storage systems in the office.
· Greet customers and in person inquiries upon arrival and solve customer service based problems.
· Maintain office supply inventory.
· Basic accounting duties.
· Collects payments and issues receipts for payments.
· Provide email support for programs and activities.
· Provide tournament and special event support (includes weekends).
· Other duties as needed to support programs.
· Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
· Ability and willingness to customers and members with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
· Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
· Ability to handle multi-functions.
· Understanding of community based youth organizations.
· Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
· Knowledge of bookkeeping and office functions.